We are a family with a long winemaking tradition. Emilio Pérez de Azpillaga and M. Carmen Urarte cultivated vineyards and produced grapes for others until the 1960s. From the 1970s onwards, they began to make their own wines.

By the 80s, they had built the new winery and started bottling the first brand: El Pago Vineyard.

Now we are the two brothers who cultivate 12 hectares of vineyards and manage the winery.

US and AGRICULTURE-REGENERATIVE

In addition to producing new wines with unique qualities, we are also moving towards 100% self-sufficiency in the production of our grapes and of course, our long-term commitment to nature, to which we owe our livelihood and what we like to do best: produce exquisite wines that respect our planet.

Brands include: Viña El Pago, Fincas De Aztule and Señorío De Aztule with white and red wines..

We grow the following red varieties: Tempranillo, Garnacha and Graciano. And white varieties: Garnacha blanca and Viura (also known as Macabeo).

Approximately 60% of our vines are goblet-pruned and the remaining 40% are trellis-pruned, depending on the type of plot.

The average age is around 35 years, although the oldest vines are around 90 years old and the youngest around 4.

Camino Elvillar 26. 01308 Lanciego Álava

  • 34-605-710-348 E-mail bodegas@azpillagaurarte.com
    WEB http://www.azpillagaurarte.com/agreg.html