Lanciego

Lanciego

Lanciego has an interesting town centre and a large church dedicated to Saint Acisclus and Saint Victoria, of Renaissance origin and with neoclassical extensions. Next to this church you can see the Casa de la Primicia as well as the house of the Marquise of...
Lapuebla de Labarca

Lapuebla de Labarca

Lapuebla de Labarca’s name derives from its location next to the river Ebro, which was formerly crossed by boat. It was named in 1369 and obtained the title of ‘villa’ (town) in 1631. The Casa Palacio in the town’s centre stands out among the civil buildings. Its...
Leza

Leza

In the centre of the town is the parish church dedicated to Saint Martin, who is depicted on its Elizabethan façade. The octagonal Renaissance apse differs from the rest of the church that preserves remains of Late Gothic architecture. Next to the altar, in an alcove,...
Moreda de Álava

Moreda de Álava

Bordering on Navarre, Moreda is a village on a slope with its town centre facing south on a small hill, with beautiful buildings with coats of arms, round-arched doorways and galleries with sun terraces. Its church of Santa María was built in two periods, beginning in...
Navaridas

Navaridas

Navaridas sits on a small hill crowning its parish church of the Immaculate Conception. The two doorways of its south façade are striking: one is Gothic and the other is of Elizabethan and Late-Baroque style. The church was built in three periods, being Renaissance...
Oyón

Oyón

Oyón is mentioned as early as 1366 as a hamlet dependent on Laguardia, becoming independent and obtaining the title of ‘villa’ (town) in 1633. It was an area of passage for the bishop of Navarre when the court moved to Nájera and did not become part of the Diocese of...